The Bottom Line
- A quick read but with short brain-grabbing blasts of imagery that gives one pause.
- The book goes beyond capturing a tree's form. It describes the human condition using tree imagery.
- I'm skeptical of the idea that "trees are sentient beings" with personalities.
- Complete title is PersonaliTrees: Let the Human Spirit Awaken in the Presence of Trees
- Publisher: Findhorn Press, Genre: Spirituality, New Age, Pages: 112, hardback
- Author: Joan Klostermann-Ketels
Guide Review - Book Review: PersonaliTrees
Joan suggests that trees are "sentient beings" with their own personalities and traits. I want to believe she says this tongue-in-cheek and that she actually is primarily describing the human condition in its major forms. Still, she has photographed these trees, some living, some dead, some dying and suggests we take from them a personality. With each tree, she provides a trait along with a grand quote by a major historical figure or writer.