The Bottom Line
This recently revised forester career guide may be the one best investment (other than forestry career training) you can make in creating an advantage when looking for a job in an ever competitive forestry job market. The new paperback format also makes it very affordable.
- The best (and possibly only) book on finding a job in forestry.
- Christopher M. Wille is a seasoned forestry professional with a graduate degree in creative writing.
- Excellent insider tips are provided to impove your odds on landing a forestry job.
- You still have to find a potential employer and survive the interview.
- You will also find a list of major employers and a list of forestry and ranger training programs.
- Also includes tips on how to begin basic forestry training for a future job.
- Published by McGraw-Hill, ISBN - 0071411518
Guide Review - Opportunities in Forestry Careers
Although there are only approximately 50,000 foresters in the United States, their work effects the economic and environmental well-being of the United States. This profession is very popular with high school graduates who are looking for opportunities to work in and around trees and forests. The forester's professional Society of American Foresters, in several surveys, indicate that the chances of getting hired in forestry are not encouraging. In fact, only 50% of graduate foresters find a job in forestry or related fields. That makes a book like this very important an important employment tool. Forestry Careers' 193 pages are packed with information designed to provide an edge in your quest to find a job in forestry. This VGM Professional Careers Series publication gives an in-depth, comprehensive report on forestry and forestry related careers. You will be well ahead of the crowd when using this book as part of you tool kit in finding a forestry job. Opportunities in Forestry Careers will offer a crisp examination of the forestry world and give you up-to-date employment data and salary figures. It lists current technical schools and universities in North America and gives detailed advice on how to choose your career path and break into the field.